Wednesday, February 23, 2011

'SGONNA BE A SHEER SPRING


I bought these lacey victorian-y shoes and realized how much they go with my recent sheer obsession....aside from the sheer dresses i posted the other day - and I've already ordered some vintage shirtwaist dress patterns to make my own sheer frock- SO excited, I've even been practicing tailor's tacks ! - and I also bought a pair of beautiful crochet lace white gloves the other day (I'd been looking around a while for the perfect ones.. they are very similar to these:)


So apparently it's going to be a sheer spring for me. With shoes, gloves, and dresses, I will be totally decked out head to toe, ha. I can't wait for the shoes to arrive, and I think meshy lacey shoes are perfect for warm weather...I'm not a big sandal girl, so I guess this is my equivalent.. there are lots of cute ones on etsy, and I'm thinking of starting a collection... (click images for links)




i have these in blue
these are in the shop right now!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, my grandmother has a ton of Grasshoppers! She's got an amazing collection because she's kept a lot of her clothes from the '50s on. I occasionally come home with things from her attic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! are you her size? my grandmother had tons of amazing shoes too (think LOTS of ferragamos) but she had smaller feet than me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first pair!! They're all so fun!

    Thanks for stopping by and adding your blog to the Vintage Blog Link up!

    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fun inspiring blog!
    That’s why Fancy Vintage gives you the award for Stylish Blogger Award.
    I am new to this and have just been given one.
    I think that to receive the award there are 3 “rules”;
    1. Thank the one who gave it to you and link to their blog,
    2. Tell 8 things about yourself.
    3. Give the Award to 8 other blogs.
    Hope you like the award and find it not too hard to do!
    You can drag the Blogger award logo from my site to put onto your blog.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete