Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ELUSIVE PLATFORM JELLY



The other day I found this amazing pair of jellies. Anyone my age must remember the jellies craze in the 90s, and finding this pair made me realize how PERFECT jellies with a nice chunky heel will be this summer. And even more perfect, it goes right along with my sheer spring theme. Sadly this pair is too small for me, so it's in the shop, but I searched all over the internet like a crazy maniac for a similar pair for myself and it was nearly impossible!!


...but FINALLY I found this pair, which I can't WAIT to arrive!! Although I was really looking for clear (and GLITTERY, of course!) I really love the color of these. Thank God I found them, cause I was really going out of my mind with searching. I must have bought them like 5 minutes after they were listed, seriously. So good luck, you guys.
oh, these ones are on ebay...i thought of buying them. they are cute but they dont have a chunky heel! AND i dont like those rhinestones. AND theyre expensive.

10 comments:

  1. oh, yes...jelly shoes. They were BIG in the 80s, too (along with jelly bracelets, thanks to Madonna's "Like a Virgin" video. I hated how hot and unbreathable they were in the summer, but boy were they COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say l remember them from the eighties too! I had a red peep toe pair :b

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're really bringin' back the memories! i had about 5 pairs in the 80s (gasp!)-- my favorite were clear with glitter. i love the ones you just bought--perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. never seen those! they look weirdly comfy though...and pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, a girl after my own heart!! I lived in jellies and recently found this (yes, clear and glittery!) pair inmint condition...

    http://portialawrie.blogspot.com/2011/03/thrifty-finds-16-mine-mine-mine.html

    Your pink ones are wild!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! perfect! i dont know how i missed that post but im... jell-ous! haha.... sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the clear ones...! No heel, but still pretty styling for a nine year old. So glad you're reunited with some in adulthood...those pink ones are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! What brand are you pink Jellies!? I'm searching for the exact ones?? Please let me know: natitup@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same ones but clear and glittery, got them from a vintage shop a few days ago in mint condition for £3!!! even though they have killed my feet they were are worth it :)

    ReplyDelete