Sunday, May 1, 2011

B E A U T Y


I just spent nearly 100$ on a book of photographs: E.J. Bellocq's STORYVILLE PORTRAITS. They are the most beautiful photographs I have ever seen, so I don't feel bad. The Mr. and I just watched a documentary about Storyville, the infamous red-light district in New Orleans from 1987 up until WWI. It was pretty good, as far as those kinds of documentaries go (it's streaming on Netflix, if anyone is interested...), but I think I was most pulled in by the numerous amazing Bellocq photographs that were used. Gorgeous, fascinating, unusual photos of Edwardian southern prostitutes. Isn't it unreal???

















4 comments:

  1. these pictures are really cool. i think i need those striped tights asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been covetting that book for the longest time! you may have just persuaded me to finally make the purchase...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mesmerasing...
    they look like ghosts,
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete